The Autumn of 2006 was when I first came here. The first week I went to the University and the Department's orientations and took part in many OIA activities, which was then OIE. These activities helped situate myself in this foreign place a whole lot. One of them was the Campus Tour.
The guide told us which building was which and what it was for. We stopped at the Main Library, which was about to be shut down for renovation. We were told that it'll re-open in 2009. I was on the tour with two other girls who were education majors. They told me, "靠你拉." They wanted me to tell them what the new library looks like when they're done with their programs.
Almost three years later, yes, I am still here, and yes I witnessed the re-opening of the Thompson Library. But it's bitter sweet. The change of major and the nature of my program require me to stay longer than the natives to finish my pre-requisites, my coursework and my clinical hours. I'm burning the candle on multiple ends: GA (to earn my own living), clinic (to be eligible to be certified), thesis (to open my opportunities). I really like what I'm doing (I'm not complaining): I like my placements, I like the practical aspect of the program, I like the fact that I am able to help people with what I've learned. It just feels good. But the longer I stay here, the more people are graduating. People who came here the same year I did are wrapping up with their PhD programs. Yet look at me, I'm still here, at the master's level.
This is what life's all about, huh? Catch-22.
6 comments:
都是英文...><
我跟英文不熟怎麼辦...
蝦密! 居然連你也沒看出來
好吧...那我就公布這一關的祕笈拉
左右眼各盯著第三段的兩個"yes"
十五秒後...放鬆眼睛的肌肉
然後開始掃描旁邊的文字
會看到一個關鍵字浮出
靠著這字就可以找到Thompson Library的寶藏了!
在The change of major and the nature of program 之下, 可以身兼三職-
1.to earn your own living 有在賺錢
2.to be eligible to be certified 在醫院工作
3.thesis/degree 唸學位
利害!!!
小小聲的說...因為是英文...我的耐心大概只夠看每段的前三個字......
嘻嘻~
那下次我若再用英文寫部落格
每篇文章都拆成三個字三個字一段
;-)
i'm also still here... ><
Post a Comment